MXP IVA Compliant 6" Plug & Play Dash Kit
The AIM Motorsport MXP 1.2 Strada IVA Compliant Dash Kit (6” Colour TFT Display) with great visual impact, configurable to show all the data coming from the vehicles Engine Control Unit (ECU), 9 axis inertial platform (accelerometer, gyro and magnetometer), 8 analogue inputs, 6 digital inputs, pre-defined math channels, a second CAN and an optional GPS Module. The 6" MXP Strada offers 50% more display area than the 5" MXS Strada display, in a similar dimension package making this dash suitable for both cars and motorcycles.
- High Contrast TFT Display: The MXP Strada has a high contrast 6" TFT display: its visual quality being always optimised as its ambient light sensor keeps the backlight at the best brightness levels, avoiding the screen from dazzling you when it gets dark, whilst keeping it bright and visible during the day.
- Monitor data in freely-configurable pages: MXP Strada shows, together with RPM scale, all the data you need, like speed, water temperature and oil pressure and much much more... you can choose the custom pages you wish - including up to four additional fields - from a wide library of page styles, defining which data is to be shown, their end of scale and measure units. Swapping between the pages is easy using the push buttons, or if the dash is out of reach using the optional remote button interface.
- Flexible shift lights and alarms: The 10 multi-coloured RGB shift lights can be customised to your liking, defining the RPM threshold for each single gear. The same flexibility applies to the configurable RGB alarm LEDs: you can configure them in order to turn them on/off depending on analogue or digital inputs, ECU values, expansion values, math channels or - optionally - GPS information. You choose conditions and colours: select a solid alarm or flashing one - and the flashing frequency. It is also possible to configure an accompanying text message on the display, and set the alarm priorities.
- CAN output: With the CAN Output you can send messages directly to an existing CAN network in order to improve the range of vehicle control possibilities.
- Digital output: MXP Strada features two digital outputs. These LOW SIDE type (switch to ground): can be configured in order to be activated/deactivated depending on the value of the analogue/digital inputs. This allows you to automatically run external systems, i.e. to switch on/off additional lights or to activate/de-activate a cooling fan or circulation pumps etc when a certain event happens.
- Camera inputs: Two analog camera inputs are available, to switch your display into a mirror camera, through pushbutton command or event management. Extremely useful in cars such as a Lotus Exige where the rear visibility is poor.
Connecting the MXP Strada IVA dash to your car/motorcycle ECU is very simple. Sample and display dozens of channels straight from the vehicle’s ECU. This is often the quickest and easiest setup, needing only 2 cable connections to the ECU instead of multiple connections to analogue sensors. As well as the standard 14 pin wiring loom, this kit comes with an additional 23 pin loom which has pre-configured connections for all the relevant electrical items of your vehicle such as oil temperature, engine temperature, fuel level, side lights, hazards, front and rear fog, handbrake, main beam, dipped beam and left and right hand indicator. A speed sensor is also included, for connecting to this additional loom.
Available with a choice of ECU CONNECTION. These being either OBDII / K-Line or CAN, depending on whether you want to connect to the vehicles ECU using the OBDII port, or directly to the ECU through the CAN channel.
A modular system: Using the built-in CAN bus you can add optional expansion modules to visualise additional information:
GPS08 Module - Thanks to GPS08 Module and Race Studio 3 software, you can immediately get lap times and all data needed for engine tuning as well as for improving driving technique.
Channel Expansion - Add up to 4 0-5 Volt analogue channels.
TC Hub - Add 4 additional K-type thermocouple temperature sensors.
LCU-One Lambda Controller - Wide band Lambda controller LCU-One, with Bosch LSU 4.9 probe, providing all Air/Fuel data, lambda value and exhaust gas temperature, allows to perfectly tune the carburetion.
SmartyCam HD / SmartyCam GP HD - Compact and robust HD camera / HD Bullet-cam - both designed for motorsports.