Clio 2 RS - AST 5100 1-Way
SPORTLINE 2 (5100 SERIES)
The 5100 Series shock absorbers utilise inverted / upside down technology. The inverted design is race proven technology and produces an extremley strong damper, providing better suspension geometry under heavy lateral and braking loads as seen in a road and track environment.
The 5100 Series shock absorbers give your car a better performance than a standard twin tube design. With the 5100 Series suspension you can adjust rebound with one knob. The adjust platform allows you to adjust the ride height of your car. AST suspension shock bodies are specially designed to keep maximum stroke, even with a lower ride height.
How a Monotube design works?
Monotube design is essential for performance. The oil and nitrogen are separated by a floating piston, allowing the use of a larger piston, increasing the damper performance and sensativity felt by the driver. Monotube design shock absorbers produce more grip, give you more control and a better driver feedback from your vehicle.
What is a rebound adjustment?
Rebound controls the rate of extension of your shock absorber. By changing the rebound, you can directly change the characteristics of the vehicle.
- Floating piston design with high pressure nitrogen means no cavitation around the piston.
- 14mm diameter internal shaft.
- 44.5 mm diameter shaft struts, inverted.
- Steel cylinder body shocks, inverted.
- High end, track ready suspension.
- Rebound adjustable (''Singles'').
- Low friction seal.
- Adjuster knobs permanently mounted on the dampers.
- Rubber bushings for ''eye'' shock mounts.
- Optional spherical top mounts.
- Optional DLC Coated shafts.
- Optional DDP piston (double digressive).
- Optional custom valving.
Spring rate choices are as follows and come under 'Standard' (FREE OPTION):
70 / 40Nm
80 / 80Nm
70 / 80Nm
80 / 90Nm
90 / 130Nm
If you require a spring rate that is not listed above you will have to select 'Custom' from the options menu.
We ask you to mention the requested spring rates in the order process (in 'Notes and Special requests') or by simply emailing us after purchasing. Contact us for more information.
*Actual product may vary, sample image only.